- To prevent grip wax in the glide zone, masking tape can be used to tape of the kick grip.
- Crayon Optiwax Base to the grip zone. Smooth the wax with a cork or wax iron (150-160 ⁰C). If you use iron allow the ski to cool..
- Crayon a layer of grip wax appropiate for the conditions on to the grip zone. Using a synthetic cork, smooth. Repeat as necessary for the desired number of layers.
- If needed rub a harder wax on top of the grip zone. Smooth the grip wax with a synthetic cork.
- Increase or decrease the number of layers based on the local snow conditions and qualities of your skis.